Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Tooth

Livie was a grump all day yesterday for her daddy. He is now staying home with her. I love that. He was very happy when I got home yesterday because she had been very clingy and crying on and off all day (mostly on).

She felt slightly warm to me, so I gave her some tylenol. It was clear she was not feeling well. I got a little nervous thinking maybe she was coming down with the flu or something. I soon realized it was not something nearly that dire.

Livie loves to put people's fingers in her mouth. She tries to chew on them, bite them, suck on them. It is funny because we have to try to come away from holding her without having slobbery hands. It does not usually work.

When I went to pick her up, she put my hand in hers like she was going to suck on it yet again. However, when it came close to her mouth, she pursed her lips and would not let my finger get close. That made me wonder. So, I tried to stick my finger in to feel her gums. I wanted to know if maybe they were swollen. I found something different.

I found a TOOTH!

It had already broken through the skin! It was not the normal first tooth, either. It was the one next to the middle front rather than one of the two middle teeth. We were so excited. I called everyone in my family, including my sister on Vacation in Florida. So, at ten and a half months old, Livie has her first tooth peeking through. I love life and the simple joys it brings.

1 comment: