Monday, October 12, 2009

Family Closeness


The last week has been a very hard week for everyone in my family. My beautiful niece Megan went to live with Jesus in Heaven. She is now with my Granny, who also went to live with Him just two short months ago.


Losing two such wonderful people in such a short time has made me realize several things.


1. Never forget to hug anyone when you have the chance. You will never regret the time you spent with them or the love you shared.


2. You can feel deep sorrow for your own loss and still feel joy for someone who is no longer in pain. I really know now what the word "bittersweet" means.


3. God is good and faithful even in the midst of our own trials. He provides great peace, comfort, and hope for the future.


I will cherish my family every day I get to have them. I feel pure joy seeing the face of my darling child Livie, and I know that she is a gift from God. I will take each day as they come and try to live them to the fullest, knowing how soon the end comes sometimes. I pray God will grant us many more days as a family together, and I hope I remember to be thankful for each one of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment