Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miracle Moments in the Making

I never thought of myself as a blogger before, but motherhood has brought me into many new things in life. I am a new mom. My daughter Livie is my miracle. She is the baby I didn't think I could have whom we found out about last year, on April Fool's Day ironically. Having her has helped me to see a plan for my life that God set in motion years ago, but of which I am just now catching a glimpse. I went from being the late-twenties single woman who bought a house and two cats planning to be alone forever to being a woman terribly in love with her husband and greatly thankful for the beautiful little girl who goes to sleep in my arms sucking on her binky and holding on to her burp cloth like a security blanket. I feel so blessed.

I am usually terrible at writing down details because I just live life every day as it comes. My mom told me that I am going to forget all the details of these precious days with Livie and my DH if I don't write them down. This blog is my outlet to remembering all those precious moments that God has given me. Maybe this will even inspire me to start Livie's baby book, or even write down the details from her birth. (She may want them some day:)) I hope you enjoy my posts as I try to write down all the things that I will want to remember about my wonderful ordinary life as a wife, mom, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend.

1 comment:

  1. I heart you, Dee Dee. You're a wonderful sister, and you have a beautiful daughter. Looking forward to every word you utter on this her blog.

    ReplyDelete